Friday, December 5, 2008

Outliers: The Story of Success (2008)


When we were visiting family in the Philadelphia area at Thanksgiving, our hotel turned out to be located directly across the street from a Barnes & Noble. What luck! One book I had to have and read immediately was Malcolm Gladwell's newest - Outliers.

Not only have I read both The Tipping Point and Blink, but they sit proudly on my book shelves. I even underlined important passages in Outliers so I could find them again. There is nothing more invigorating than having someone point out a new way of thinking about or looking at a situation. A new way of explaining 'why' something happens. I devoured the book.

I actually was lucky enough to hear Gladwell speak in person a couple of years back and was quite taken with his presentation. He is a fascinating thinker and communicator.

Now it's back to John Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment