Friday, January 23, 2009

Killer Smile (2003)


Killer Smile is one of the titles I found at the library book sale a couple of months ago. Lisa Scottoline writes her mysteries with an emphasis on what she knows: law firms, Philadelphia, and Italian-Americans.

The first book Lisa Scottoline published was Everywhere That Mary Went and somehow I came across a pre-pub copy and was fascinated because it was set in Philadelphia where I grew up. That was 1993.

A few years back I had the opportunity to attend Book Expo America and stood in line to get my copy of Devil's Corner (2005) signed by the author. Lisa actually came out from behind the signing desk and gave me a hug before realizing I wasn't who she thought I was. She may not remember the incident, but I do, because it made the trip for me!

If you haven't discovered these legal mysteries, I recommend them. Whether you listen on CD or have the book in your hands, the stories are all great reads! And Lisa Scottoline's website is fabulous. Each of her fifteen books has the first chapter online along with background information on the books, the author and her beloved dogs.

1 comment: