Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sleep While I Sing (1986)


Sleep While I Sing by L.R. Wright


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
The Bas Blue Catalog recommended several L.R. Wright mysteries featuring Staff Sergeant Karl Alberg. I have read those titles and am now venturing into the rest of the nine titles in the series.Set in a small town in British Columbia's Sunshine Coast, the people who populate the town make the stories compelling. That and the fact that the author knew how to tell a great story.

Karl is interested in Cassandra, the town's librarian, and their on again off again romance is another added bonus.

When I discovered L.R. Wright had passed away, I sent a message via the offical website and received a nice response from the author's daughter. My local library doesn't have the titles in its collection, but through MeLCat I have been able to request books from libraries across Michigan. You have to wonder how long the state will be able to support such a costly service.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment