Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Angel's Game (2009)

The Angel's GameThe Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Like many of the other reviewers noted on goodreads, I started reading with great enthusiasm and became confused and uncertain towards the end. The Angel's Game is not the tale that The Shadow of the Wind was although Lucia Graves' translation has the same lyrical quality.

The Gothic feel and the description of Barcelona are enough to draw a reader in. Those who love books and find them valuable will find much to consider. Even though I was disappointed on some level, I won't hesitate to read another book by this author. He is a master of storytelling.

"This place is a mystery. A sanctuary. Every book, every volume you see, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and the soul of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it."


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment