Monday, February 21, 2011

Random Acts of Book-Giving

Reading mysteries has spurred me to consider rejoining Sisters in Crime, an organization of mystery writers and readers who "promote the professional development and advancement of women crime writers to achieve writers in the industry".  As I caught up with the blog, I came across an entry that talked about receiving unexpected books in the mail and what a delightful surprise that can be. It resonated with me because I am reading a mystery right now that seemed perfect for one of my friends. I had already decided to mail it to her when I am finished with it. Storing books on my bookshelves is not as attractive as passing them on to their next reader. That's not to say that there aren't those titles that I feel the need to keep close and reread as necessary.

Kathie Felix suggests you purchase your book from an Independent bookstore and surprise a friend with a book you found wonderful. You can read her blog entry HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment