Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Choosing the Next Book

Guilt often seems to figure into my next choice of book. By that standard, however, I should have finished Pops long ago. Pops is a great book. There's just so much else I've promised myself I would read. And now the last book added to my list jumps to first place.

It's a long, sordid story, but I managed to snag an ARC (Advanced Reading Copy) - but not the one I was angling for. I wanted Louise Penny's new mystery Trick of Light (not due out until the end of August), instead I got Mary Kay Andrew's Summer Rental went on sale yesterday. I think the publisher was trying to get rid of a few ARCs still on hand or I probably wouldn't have qualified. I haven't read any of the author's other works but just a couple of pages into the story, I am happy.

Three friends since grade school and now in their thirties take a beach house in North Carolina for a month to see where the future may lead them. Definitely a beach read for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment