Thursday, February 23, 2012

Talk About Books IN GOOD COMPANY

I have this crazy idea. It's not that the idea itself is crazy, it's more that with my over committed life, the idea that I would add one more thing to it has got to be perceived as slightly off balance.

But something a friend said to me around the holidays really resonated with me. He said, "I don't need anyone to recommend books to me anymore. I have more than I can read in what's left of my life as it is, and I have found comfort in rereading the books that I have loved in the pasts." And I understand these feelings. Occasionally I prune my list of 'to read' books because I know I am never going to get to them all. I bristle when someone says, "You have to read this book," although I often do and am pleasantly surprised. It's just that there are so many books and so little time.

So the idea is to meet once in a while at IN GOOD COMPANY for dinner or dessert and discuss whatever we are currently reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment