Monday, May 14, 2012

(Armchair) Book Expo America 2012

Design credit: Emily of Emily's Reading Room
I am so excited! I am signed up to participate in BEA this year and I don't even have to leave home!

Last year, for the first time apparently, BEA made provisions for those who couldn't make the trip to New York City for whatever reason. It's billed as a conference for book bloggers from the comfort of their own chair and I think it's a brilliant idea. Over 150 are signed up already and my name's on the list!

You can read more about or sign up for Armchair BEA HERE. The dates are June 4th through the 8th.

BookExpo America (BEA) is the largest gathering of booksellers, librarians, retailers, and industry professionals anywhere in North America. I was lucky enough to attend in person a number of years ago when librarians were first included. Before that the focus was on retail book sellers.

This is where the buzz starts about new books and what we'll all be hearing about during the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment