Wednesday, November 14, 2012

New Years Resolution #1 - 2013


I know it's a bit early, but I just inadvertently made my first resolution for 2013 and it's one that could be a lot of fun to keep!

I blurted out that I was going to visit as many Independent Bookstores as possible during the upcoming year.

For some reason, I have avoided bookstores on occasion because I already have 1) too many books waiting for me at home and on my Kindle and 2) I feel like I shouldn't go into a bookstore if I'm not going to buy something. Those two silly excuses, most likely,  have caused me to miss out on some extraordinary experiences.

Unfortunately there are no longer any NEW bookstores where I live in Jackson, Michigan. There is a fabulous USED bookstore, the Jackson Book Exchange, where I visit and make donations to from time to time. And, of course, there are places you can buy books like superstores Meijers and Target. What I want to explore is places like Aunt Agatha's in Ann Arbor and Page and Palette in Fairhope, Alabama.



Do you have a favorite bookstore?

No comments:

Post a Comment