Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Introduction Armchair Book Expo 2017


 Celebrating 10 years of random blogging!


According to my Twitter description I am an actor, director, singer, reader, reviewer, and genealogist not necessarily in that order.

 

Currently I have been on dialysis for almost a year while waiting for a kidney transplant. It has made it difficult to concentrate and enjoy reading. A huge truck delivers my medical supplies once a month.

I love literate mysteries and getting my picture taken with my favorite authors. Louise Penny's Chief Inspector Gamache series is a must read. Start at the beginning with STILL LIFE.


My favorite thing to do is attend and review productions at the Purple Rose Theatre in Chelsea, Michigan. It was started twenty-five years ago by actor Jeff Daniels and the quality of the productions is amazing.


My current read is Becky Masterman's A TWIST OF THE KNIFE. It's her third book in the Brigid Quinn series.


My summer plans are to spend time at the lake while reading although I am also committed to directing a show about women's views of their bodies. It's a comedy.


These are some of the lovely women in my book group called IN GOOD COMPANY. We're about eating, drinking, and passionately discussing what we read.

I started my blog, Book Keeping back in 2007 when I was retiring from a career in the library world. I spend time on Face Book, Twitter, and Instagram although my thoughts range beyond books and reading. Lots of my reviews come courtesy of NetGalley.

No comments: