Monday, November 27, 2017

Book Stack 2017


After being diagnosed with end stage renal disease and starting dialysis in June of 2016, my interest in reading was pretty non-existent. Instead I found myself mindlessly watching television, which was easier since I had to do manual exchanges four times a day.

It took me three months to read our book club choice Nearer Than the Sky by T. Greenwood and not because I didn't like it.

Then I decided to revisit Three Pines. I had a used copy of Louise Penny's The Nature of the Beast. I had feared that with Chief Inspector Gamache's retirement that the stories would veer away from what I loved about the stories. I was wrong. It was a great book and I have the next and current title on my new Kindle.

As the holidays approached in 2016 I found my interest in reading returning re-reading a couple of my favorite Christmas stories: The Christmas Star by Christopher Fahy and A Faraway Smell of Lemon by Rachel Joyce.

So I grabbed the first book off the top of my stack, which I promised to review.

The winner was Charlaine Harris' All the Little Liars. It took me forever to read and I never finished writing the review for A Twist of the Knife by Becky Masterson..

Here are the other 'real' books waiting for me:
1. Murder in the Manuscript Room by Con Lehane
2. Vineyard Victims by Ellen Crosby
3. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Koto
4. The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson
5. The Perfect Horse by Elizabeth Letts
6. The Eighty Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts
7. The Gail Force by Robert Lane

There are actually a ton of unread books on my Kindle as well. And I have to admit I still spend too much time on social media and watching television, but I'm working on getting back to reading on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment