Wednesday, February 19, 2020

BUZZ BOOKS 2020: SPRING/SUMMER




UPDATE: Even though it was the top of the my list for the BUZZ BOOKS 2020 SPRING/SUMMER  I did not get a copy of Emily St. John Mandel's (sequel to STATION ELEVEN) THE GLASS HOTEL to review. But I just finished reading Gail Godwin's OLD LOVEGOOD GIRLS and decided I was brilliant because it was amazing. I also read and enjoyed Barbara Delinsky's beach read A WEEK AT THE SHORE.

A preview of the best of the new books for the season and it's FREE!

There are so many enticing new books in Spring/Summer edition, I decided to be selective in what I could realistically add to my 'to read' pile. For me, the top of the list is Emily St. John Mandel's (sequel to STATION ELEVEN) THE GLASS HOTEL(Wished). Others I jotted down include Zoje Stage's WONDERLAND; Mary Kay Andrews' HELLO, SUMMER; and Denise Mina's THE LESS DEAD. I've asked to read Gail Godwin's OLD LOVEGOOD GIRLS and decided I was brilliant because I had already requested and received Barbara Delinsky's A WEEK AT THE SHORE.

First introduced for the 2012 Book Expo America, the FREE digital Publishers Lunch Buzz Books has become the place for both industry professionals and book lovers in general to discover and read about the books expected to spark high demand BEFORE they are published!

The Introduction gives a nice overview of the upcoming publishing season broken down by literary fiction, debut fiction, commercial fiction, and followed by non-fiction conversation starters, memoir & biography.

What's really great is that after many selections, you have the option to follow a link and request the complete galley copy from Net Galley if you qualify as a 'professional' reader.

Check out Buzz Books on Amazon. Did I mention it's FREE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment