Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Naming of the Dead by Ian Rankin

I have been one of the fortunate people with access to the wonderful ARCs (advanced reading copies) provided by Baker & Taylor to those of us in the library world. All that has ended. Oh, I still have quite a stash to choose from, but in several months I will retire and have all the time in the world to read again. What will I do as the piles of 'to be read' stacks begin to dwindle?
Two days ago I finished Ian Rankin's newest title The Naming of the Dead. This is one of the authors that I have always meant to get around to reading. It turns out that this is one of his best and number sixteen in the Inspector Rebus group. He endeared himself to me with references to Steely Dan and their album Two Against Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment