Saturday, January 19, 2008

Diablerie

It took me less than one day to read Walter Mosley's new book (2008) Diablerie. I have heard his name mentioned for years but never got around to checking his work out until this title was staring me in the face at my local public library. Of course, I had to check it out.

Even though the author had a character explain the meaning of the title (the word can mean either mischievous or evil), I googled it to see what else I would find. It has a number of connections with gamers, vampires, and was even used in the classic Uncle Tom's Cabin!

This is my first Walter Mosley and I am guessing it must be very different from most of his work to get such negative reviews from his readers on Amazon.

The story and the writing is powerful. It took me less than a day to read and I couldn't put it down. Dark, erotic, and dangerous are the words I would use to describe Diablerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment