Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A New Source for ARCs!

I was browsing in the Nomad Bookstore in Jackson waiting to meet a friend and got to talking with owner Bridget Rothenberger. Moaning about my problems with overdues at the library and the fact that I no longer had a source for ARCs (advanced reading copies), she offered to let me choose several from their stock as long as I provided a short review and returned the books eventually! Can you imagine? I was delighted. Not wanting to be greedy, I only chose three: Delusion (4/08) by Peter Abrahams; So Brave, Young, and Handsome (5/08) by Leif Enger; and Another Thing to Fall (3/08) by Laura Lippman. I've read all the authors before so I was playing it safe this time.

NOTE: ARCs or advanced reading copies are unedited proofs distributed to bookstores and some libraries to encourage professional staff to become familiar with books expected to be big sellers or that deserve wide exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment