Thursday, March 19, 2009

Daemon (2009)

Daemon Daemon by Daniel Suarez


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
"Daemon" reminds me of Scott Smith's "The Ruins" in that it keeps the reader trying to find ways the characters might escape their fate but there is no way out. The comparison ends there though. "Daemon" is a techno thriller roller coaster ride.(A daemon is a computer program that runs without the direct control of a human.) A wealthy game designer plans for society to change after his death by killing people who try to resist. Knowing a little about computers and how they and the Internet work makes it even more scary because it could be real. I read about the book in Entertainment Weekly and had to see what all the fuss was about. Suarez has written a page turner. Paramount has optioned the book as a movie, and a sequel to the book titled "Freedom" is also in the works and has been acquired by Dutton.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

  1. You are reading such fascinating books this year. You get all the credit/blame for the fact that I keep buying books even though I have a backlog of at least 100 now.

    ReplyDelete