Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nine Coaches Waiting (1958)

Nine Coaches Waiting Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Bas Bleu Catalog recommended this title so I tried to find it at my local library. No luck. Romances by Mary Stewart were bestsellers and on every library's shelves years ago. Not now. However I finally got an old paperback copy from the Rawson Memorial Library in Cass City about 160 miles away.

The story has all the necessary trappings of a gothic romance mystery. Written in first person by the governess, once well-off but now orphaned and poor, who has come to the remote estate in France to tend for the small child who will inherit everything if he survives the plotting to remove him. But who are the real villains? Flowery language, a Cinderella romance and a heroine who is brave and good, makes for a suspenseful read.

But I don't think I need to read anymore Mary Stewart titles.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment