Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Think Twice (2010)

Think Twice Think Twice by Lisa Scottoline


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Years ago I received a paperback ARC (advanced reading copy) of Lisa Scottoline's first mystery Everywhere That Mary Went and enjoyed it immensely especially because it was set in Philadelphia, my hometown. Since then I have read almost every one of the books in the Benny Rosato series.

My favorite memory, which I've mentioned here before, is when I was at Book Expo waiting to have Lisa sign my copy of  Devil's Corner. When I got to the front of the line, she popped out from behind the table and gave me a big hug before realizing I wasn't who she thought I was. If she was embarrassed, it didn't matter to me! I was thrilled!

I almost didn't read this story because of one of the elements that disturbs me greatly - being buried alive. I must say that Lisa handled it well. Chapters alternate between what is going on with Bennie, with her 'evil' twin Alice, and with Mary. It keeps you turning pages and I devoured the book in two days.


View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment