Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Crooked Letter Crooked Letter (2010)

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter: A NovelCrooked Letter, Crooked Letter: A Novel by Tom Franklin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Author Laura Lippman was using the cover of Crooked Letter Crooked Letter as her facebook picture and that was enough for me. I ordered it from the library and when I got my hands on it, time disappeared.

I like mysteries but I especially love literate mysteries with beautiful writing, interesting characterizations, about places I've never lived, and intriguing stories. Tom Franklin's book has all the right ingredients.

Two boys spend a summer together although one is white and one is back in the rural Mississippi of the 70s. Years later the facts of what happened to them converge until the only solution is to finally tell the truth.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment