Saturday, January 15, 2011

I am Number Four (2010)

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another teen series in the Twilight vein. With all the hype for the movie, I wanted to see what the fuss was about. The premise is enticing. Nine children from the planet of Lorien have been hidden on earth after the destruction of their planet by the Mogadorians. The Mogadorians, who trashed their own planet's resources and destroyed Lorien, are now looking to kill the nine children and conquer Earth.

There are a couple of caveats. The nine, who as they age develop 'legacy' powers, can only be killed in order. Thus, the title I AM NUMBER FOUR.

A review on Amazon pointed out that the characters were flat and there wasn't much in the way of descriptive writing. I agree. But if you have a reader who loves science fiction, this isn't a bad choice. It's just not as sophisticated as a lot of Young Adult literature that's around.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. AHA! See who Pittacus Lore is revealed in the comment about the opening of the movie that I found at EarlyWord!

    "I AM NUMBER FOUR, underperformed expectations and came in at #3. An adaptation of the book by James Frey and Jobie Hughes, under the pseudonym “Pittacus Lore,” it was sold to Dreamworks last year before it appeared as a book."

    ReplyDelete