Thursday, February 24, 2011

Last Reminder (DI Charlie Priest Mystery)Last Reminder by Stuart Pawson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This British author was recommended to me by the owner of Callan's Bookstore in Stratford, Ontario, Canada this past summer. I brought it along for something to read while we enjoyed a month in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The paperback's cover reads, "Perfect for a long winter afternoon with the rain beating down on the windows" (Independent on Sunday). Unfortunately or  perhaps fortunately, it was in the 70s and sunny although it is February and the surf pounding might substitute for rain. Didn't make a bit of difference. I loved the book. Mostly I love Detective Inspector Charlie Priest. His sense of the what is appropriate and his sense of humor are a delight. Here finally is a new series that makes me want to read all the entries.

The writing, plotting and characters are engaging. With jokes scattered throughout, it is just plain fun to follow Charlie through his day both professional and personal. Check out more at his website HERE.

There seems to be a lot of action surrounding his books these days. He has a new one coming out March 14, 2011 (in the UK) and several of his earlier titles are being reissued. Although I found titles by Stuart Pawson in the statewide database, my local library doesn't hold any of his works. 

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Stuart Pawson (1940-2016) died at the age 75 from Parkinson's disease. Author of thirteen Charlie Pawson British police procedurals.

    ReplyDelete