Friday, March 11, 2011

Field of Blood (2005)

Field of BloodField of Blood by Denise Mina

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's a bad habit, but I keeping acquiring more books even though I have given myself a fairly specific goal for 2011 Reading. Several months ago, I picked up Field of Blood by Denise Mina at Schuler's Bookstore in Lansing in the used book section. Partly I was surprised by the large used section, which had some tempting titles. It took great fortitude to limit myself to one book.

I discovered Denise Mina early and read her Garnethill Trilogy. When I started Field of Blood, I was concerned that I wouldn't like it but protagonist Paddy (and the author) totally won me over. Be careful though. You may stay up past your bedtime to find out how things are going to be resolved.

The next book is The Dead Hour. Guess I have to add that to my list! Oh, and wait. She has a NEW book called The End of the Wasp Season, which sounds thrilling, coming out September 26, 2011.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment