Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fatal Grace (2007)

A Fatal Grace (Armand Gamache, #2)A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Everybody wants to live in the charming 'snow-globe' village of Three Pines - even the cruel CC de Poitiers. Having purchased the old Hadley House, she continues to spread her poison during the lovely Christmas season distressing everyone around her.

A particularly complicated murder brings Chief Inspector Gamache back to work his magic.

Often authors don't meet the expectations of their first book but that is not the case with Canadian author Louise Penny. My introduction to her works was through Bury the Dead, which is book #6 in the series and has won a number of awards this year including the American Library Association designation of Best Mystery Book of 2010. Now I am working my way through earlier titles so I will be caught up when her new book is released this summer.

Visit the author's site to find a list of her other books and news about #7 Trick of the Light, scheduled to be released in simultaneously in Canada and the United States on August 30, 2011.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment