Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quiet Strength (2007)

Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, & Priorities of a Winning LifeQuiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, & Priorities of a Winning Life by Tony Dungy

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tony Dungy is from Jackson, Michigan where I live. The Dungy family name is well known and respected in the community. So when the book came out I added it to my reading list and forgot about it. Then a couple of weeks ago, I spotted a copy on the used book table at the library and bought it.

When I discovered that his strength comes from his strong religious beliefs, I decided that perhaps I wouldn't bother to read it. But then, I thought, I'll just read a little bit. It only took me a couple of days to finish the whole book. I do not come from the same place as Tony Dungy, but I was moved to tears several times but his enormous faith and his true adherence to it. This is a man of incredible stature and constancy. A role model for us all in the way he conducts his life.

Although football is what Tony Dungy does, it is not who he is. Along the way, I gained some insight not only into how his guidance could apply to my life but how much more interesting football is as a sport when you know a little about it. I plan to share the book with my daughter who lives in a family of New York Giant fans.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment