Thursday, July 7, 2011

Congratulations Ann!

Don't you just love winning contests? I usually don't win but recently I have scored four ARCs (advanced reading copies) and that makes me very, very happy.

On the one hand, because they are mine and don't have to be returned to the library, I have only read two of them. Perhaps you'll be distressed to learn that Louise Penny's mystery Trick of Light and Anders Roslund's thriller Three Seconds have languished? Of course the second title mentioned was released in January of this year, while the first comes out the end of August. I really should read them so that I will seem relevant and 'happening'.



I HAVE finished Mary Kay Andrews' beach read Summer Rental (and loved it). The fourth title, which I have also read, hasn't arrived yet. I clicked to win this book at Goodreads because I like it when I read it and never win anything. Maybe my luck has changed. Here's the message I got.


"You are one of our First Reads lucky winners! You will soon receive a free copy of The Lake Shore Limited (Vintage Contemporaries) in the mail. Please allow a few weeks for shipping.

Don't forget to add the book to your Goodreads currently-reading shelf, and we encourage you to also add it to a "first-reads" shelf when you are done reading. Posting a review is optional, but please keep in mind that reviewing the book is in the spirit of First Reads. Publishers provide free copies to Goodreads in hopes of getting early feedback about the book. First Readers who post reviews are also more likely to win free books in the future!"
Maybe I'll have to read Sue Miller's book again. My earlier short review last year ended with, "It's not a great book but it is a good read." I'm assuming this new round of ARCs are leftovers since the hardback was released in  2010 and the trade paperback came out May 31, 2011. Never mind. A contest is a contest. And being a winner is a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment