Friday, July 29, 2011

A TRICK OF THE LIGHT (2011)

A Trick of the LightA Trick of the Light by Louise Penny

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While reading Bury Your Dead, I immediately fell in love with Louise Penny's Chief Inspector Gamache. When I discovered that A Trick of the Light was scheduled to be released the end of August, I found a way to get my hands on a ARC copy!

I have been doing a lot of reading this summer and most of it felt like work in retrospect. But with Louise Penny you just slip into the world she creates and time dissolves.

I particularly enjoyed Trick of Light because of the connection to the art world in Toronto. All the regular characters show up and the mystery in some ways is secondary to being able to live in Three Pines for a couple of days.

Luckily, I have two earlier books to occupy my time until Ms. Penny gets her next book to her readers.

On the morning of Clara's art show at the prestigious Musee in Montreal, a woman's body is found among the bleeding hearts of Clara's garden in Three Pines. When Chief Inspector Gamache is called in to investigate, he finds the art world gathered - a world of shading and light - where nothing is as it seems. And when facts are exposed, it is no longer clear to Gamache if he's found the truth, or simply a trick of the light. (From the author's website)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment