Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Watch Tonight!: NBC News Segment on “Our Bodies, Ourselves” | Our Bodies Our Blog

I remember when I was first introduced to Our Bodies, Ourselves in a college level class at the University of Michigan in the mid-1970s. It was surprising and rather embarrassing how little I knew and I was already married with children!

This book was a revelation, a clarifier, an assurance, and an eye-opener. It changed many of my perceptions about what was 'normal'.

A 40th Anniversary Edition has just been released. If you're not familiar with it, maybe now's the time to get a hold of a copy. (Jackson District Library has it on order. They have older editions as well.) Check to see if your local library has a copy. If they don't, recommend they purchase it!

(Thanks to my friend Jennifer for bringing this to my attention!)

No comments:

Post a Comment