Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Michigan Independent Bookstores

Before there are no bookstores left, you and I might want to check out these three independents that were written up briefly in the January/February 2012 AAA Magazine.

Ann Arbor - Aunt Agathas

I have heard of Aunt Agatha's in Ann Arbor for years but never visited. It's on my list of things to do this spring when I am ready to browse "used and new mystery, detective and true crime books".

St. Joseph - Forever Books

St. Joe's is a little more of a trip, but Forever Books' staff are "experts on Michigan authors and can recommend great reads for any local interest".
Grand Rapids - Literary Life Bookstore & More

How can you ignore a book store that has a "glowing fireplace"? Housed in a renovated bank building, Literary Life Bookstore & More "stocks a little bit of everything."

When shall we go? If you get there before me, let me know what you think. And if you know of other wonderful bookstores within a day's drive, tell me about them. I would love an excuse to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment