Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Save Queen of Sheba (1981)

Save Queen of ShebaSave Queen of Sheba by Louise Moeri
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Years ago I was the sole librarian at a small, rural branch. Deciding it was my duty to know the collection, I chose random titles regardless of recommended ages.

Save Queen of Sheba, an adventure story for young reluctant readers, caught my attention from the opening lines when King David becomes conscious after an Indian attack on their wagon train and realizes he has been partially scalped.

King David, who is twelve, and his spoiled little sister Queen of Sheba, who is six, are the only survivors of the vicious attack. With luck he might save himself, but does he need the burden of his little sister?

This story is a gem. The ending is perfect. And unlike other books I have reread years later, Save Queen of Sheba still has the power to affect me deeply.

View all my reviews

FOOT NOTE: You can buy this slight paperback through Amazon for $999.99 from several sellers or a used copy for $515.92. I am NOT kidding. Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment