Friday, September 21, 2012

The Rocks Don't Lie (2012)

The Rocks Don't Lie: A Geologist Investigates Noah's FloodThe Rocks Don't Lie: A Geologist Investigates Noah's Flood by David R. Montgomery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't recall where I read about this book, but I put it on 'hold' at the library and suddenly there it was! I guess the biggest surprise was how recent the study of geology is and what discoveries have been made just during my lifetime. Growing up I remember being fascinated with Noah's Ark and involved in some of the debates that author David R. Montgomery discusses in his very accessible exploration of the tug-of-war between religion and science over the years. Laying out a plausible theory to account for the 'second coming' of young earth and creationist ideas, he counters ideas that had been laid to rest a century ago arguing for "redefining the boundary between science and religion."

A fascinating introduction to a topic that affects us everyday of our lives whether we acknowledge its importance or not.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment