Sunday, October 7, 2012

LOOK AGAIN (2012)

Look AgainLook Again by Lisa Scottoline
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's a mystery how it happens; but no matter what is next on my reading list, other titles sneak in. Right now there are a ton of books awaiting my serious attention, but I mindlessly picked up Lisa Scottoline's LOOK AGAIN (2009) at the library recently. When I went to pick up my planned read, there it was. So once again I indulged my randomness.

Scanning the list of other titles, I realized I have read most, if not all, of Scottoline's work since I first discovered EVERYWHERE THAT MARY WENT, the start of her Benny Rosato series.

LOOK AGAIN is a free-standing novel about a newspaper reporter who has adopted a young boy after writing a series of articles on seriously ill children. Everything is fine until a mass mailed postcard arrives saying 'Have you seen this child?' Unable to ignore her doubts, she begins on a journey that may lead to every Mother's worst nightmare.

Scottoline is a good storyteller and this book is an absolute roller coaster for the reader. DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment