Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Burning Air (2013)


The Burning AirThe Burning Air by Erin Kelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Somewhere I must have read a review of Erin Kelly's first book The Poison Tree and then forgotten about it until it showed up on the book sale shelf at my local library. I bought it and have let it languish. Then I saw her newest book The Burning Air on NetGalley and quickly requested a copy.

Even though suffering from a miserable cold, when I finally started reading The Burning Air, I was immediately drawn into the complex story and finished this page turner in just a couple of days. Highly recommended. 

At the family's weekend home in a remote area of the English countryside, the MacBrides gather for the first time since losing their beloved wife and mother. Instead of a healing and comforting time, an unexpected and chilling event takes place and evil shatters their world.

Erin Kelly is a marvelous writer and story teller. She spins her tale of obsession and revenge with great skill drawing the reader in to her web. I can't wait to read both The Poison Tree and The Dark Rose.

Oh, and one final bit of advice. Make sure to keep the lights on and the door locked when reading this book!

Erin Kelly is an author and freelance journalist. She lives in North London with her husband and daughter. Her previous books include The Poison Tree and The Dark Rose. (from AMAZON)

No comments:

Post a Comment