Monday, July 15, 2013

Catching Up - The Fault in Our Stars


The Fault in Our StarsThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I still haven't recovered from reading THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. It allowed me to know two amazing young people, who found joy in each other under the most difficult of circumstances.

Even after seeing tons of praise for this book, I wasn't inclined to pick it up until it was chosen for book club. How foolish of me!

Hazel Grace has stage IV cancer. A miracle drug, which doesn't actually exist, has kept her alive for several years. When she meets Augustus in Support Group (cancer took his leg), they tentatively begin a relationship.

This may sound like the usual boy meets girl story but the characters are uniquely drawn and the health complications make for an extraordinarily complex story that is very affecting. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

UPDATE: January 24, 2014 PARADE MAGAZINE article.

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment