Sunday, August 25, 2013

45 POUNDS (more or less) by K.A. Barson (2013)

    Age Range: 12 and up
    Grade Level: 7 and up
    Hardcover: 256 pages
    Publisher: Viking Juvenile (July 11, 2013)
    ISBN-10: 0670784826
    Source: Jackson District Library
      K.A. Barson's debut young adult novel 45 Pounds (more or less) is a winner!

      Someone wrote in one of the many reviews on Good Reads that although they liked the cover they would have preferred to see more of Ann. Personally I think the cover is perfect. Ann would never have wanted her picture out there for everyone to see. To me it's a great title and a perfect cover.

      A few months ago there was an article about Kelly in the local paper. You can read it at MLive/Jackson Citizen Patriot. I am always interested in local talent so I decided to check the holdings of the local library. They didn't list her book so I requested it be purchased. This past week I got a notice that it was available for pick-up!

       There is a little bit of language and a wedding between two women, but on the whole the book is very gentle in its approach to a difficult issue.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment