Saturday, September 21, 2013

MY ANTONIA (1918)


My AntoniaMy Antonia by Willa Cather
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What is amazing is that it took me so long to discover Willa Cather's My Antonia, a complex and elegant remembrance that appears as a deceptively simple story.

I read this for my book group, In Good Company. We talk over dinner and can often veer off subject. There was more discussion about My Antonia than any of the other titles we have read over the year we have been meeting. And it was universally loved no matter how individual perceptions varied. We gossiped about the characters just as if they were friends and neighbors we cared about.

Discover this book for yourself. Forget the description that it's the tale of an immigrant girl named Antonia growing up in Nebraska. It's so much more.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I read this for an American literature class years ago, and count it among my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete