Thursday, January 2, 2014

What Shall I Read Next?


It took me the better part of the morning to decide how to proceed.

Yesterday I set my 2014 Challenge goal on Good Reads to 36, far fewer books than I have pledged to or succeeded in reading for the last several years.

That suggests to me that I should be a little more discriminating in which books I choose to spend time with. It also tells me that I need to weed my shelves of those titles that constantly remind me of earlier but now vanished desires and interests.


So I have settled on Very Bad Men by Harry Dolan.

Back in January 2012 I mentioned reading Bad Things Happen and added it to my list of worthy books for that year. I immediately bought Very Bad Men and downloaded it to my Kindle where it has languished.

Time is running out. On January 9, 2014, Dolan's The Last Dead Girl (Amy Einhorn Books / Putnam) goes on sale. It's a prequel to his other two David Loogan books although the author says it can be easily be read as a stand-alone.

There's an interesting interview with Harry Dolan at The Big Thrill website.


No comments:

Post a Comment