Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Short Takes 7/31/2018




July 26, 2018 was the eleven year anniversary of Book Keeping. I decided to start blogging shortly before I retired so I would not loose touch with new books. Finding Net Galley allowed me access to wonderful books before the general public. As a matter of fact, I have to be careful not to drown in promises!

 

Today's mail brought me Donna Andrews newest entry in the Meg Langslow series. The twenty-third adventure is Toucan Keep a Secret. Cozy mysteries are not my first choice but I am looking forward to reading this. Thank you Minotaur Books/MacMillan!

Motherhood Noir, 10 Books That Explore the Fears and Ambivalences of Motherhood by Carol Goodman. The site is called Crime Reads and it is packed with information about "the best mystery, thriller, & crime on the Internet."

First glimpse at the plot of Louise Penny's new Inspector Gamache novel, Kingdom of the Blind, coming from Nov 27:

 

A Critic Sells Books Down by the Seashore

A bookstore in the village of Wigtown, Scotland, allows people to run the shop while renting an apartment upstairs. A book critic for The Times recently took his turn at the till.

No comments:

Post a Comment