Sunday, May 13, 2012

Currently Reading - The Icon Thief

My favorite books are those that send me researching. The Icon Thief has done just that. The story concerns a famous work of art by Marcel Duchamp called Etant donnés, 1946–1966, mixed media, Philadelphia Museum of Art. This was posthumously and permanently installed in the museum in 1969.

I thought I did not know Duchamp but as a child attending art classes at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, I was familiar with Marcel Duchamp's  Nude Descending a Staircase, No. 2 (1912). Oil on canvas. 57 7/8" x 35 1/8". Philadelphia Museum of Art.

Philadelphia Art Museum
 And it was only a couple of years ago that I revisited the museum while on a nostalgia trip to home.

You can go HERE to learn how to pronounce Marcel Duchamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment