Monday, March 8, 2021

MOTHER MAY I (2021)

Mother May I

Mother May I by Joshilyn Jackson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

How well can you know another person and how far are you willing to go for someone you love? Readers will find themselves considering this question and others in Joshilyn Jackson's newest book.

Do not start listening to this gripping and terrifying story after night falls. Sleep will never come.

Bree is distracted while watching her daughter 's school rehearsal when the unthinkable happens. She turns around to find her infant son Robert missing. The note left behind instructs her not to call the police or her husband and to go home immediately.

Bree obeys only to find that the requests become more and more bizarre until she is trapped by the voice on the phone that now rules her life. Worse still Bree can make no sense of the intensity of revenge behind the instructions

No doubt the author's theatrical background informs her good vocal work creating the characters and tensions in the voices that make this story so riveting.

The set-up and the development of the story will keep the reader enthralled but the ending seems rushed. Not that that will stop anyone from enjoying the twists and turns this thriller delivers.

This is my first book by the author but it won't be my last. Almost Sisters is already downloaded to my Kindle!

BOTTOM LINE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, whether you read the story or listen to it.

DISCLAIMER: A copy of Mother May I was provided to me by HarperAudio/NetGalley for an honest review.

Publisher: HarperAudio (April 26, 2021)
Unabridged Audiobook:  12 Hours, 51 Minutes, 47 Seconds
Author: Joshilyn Jackson
Narrators: Joshilyn Jackson
ASIN: B08FT7MQHH

AUTHOR LINKS:

Website
Instagram
Goodreads

Facebook
 

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment